for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Friends

I was thinking this morning about how very fortunate I am to have so many friends. GOOD friends, not just met-ya-once-now-we're-facebook-friends.

Malenda invited me to her church's pastor appreciation celebration services this week and as I was there singing along and looking around at everyone, I noticed Malenda. Singing and dancing around, enjoying worshiping the Lord she loves so much. I was overwhelmed with feelings of appreciation for the stories she's told me about her life. I thought about how much the world has changed during her lifetime and how the things she's experienced have made her the super strong woman she is.

What's that got to do with me being grateful for her friendship? I think she invited me because what she's got is too good NOT to share with those she cares about.

Then there's Danette, I've known her for at least 20 years. One thing I love so much is that she's not impressed with me. (Nor should anyone be for that matter!) But because I'm on the radio there is a bit of local celebrity status that comes with that, which I hope to never think of as anything more than a great responsibility. People think they know me and that I've got things together. Danette is not afraid to tell me when I am messing up or need to pay attention to something difficult. She's helped steer me in the right direction many times and I'm so grateful.

There are so many others that come to mind, and thankfully too many names to list for surely I'd forget some. But just a few:


  • Leanne - for helping me get in shape by pushing me and encouraging me at the gym.

  • Jan - for always being up for anything and making everything fun.

  • Billie - for being an amazing person that makes me strive to be better by just watching her.

  • Lynda and Larry - for loving and encouraging no matter what.

  • April and Amy - because time lapsed and distance between us don't matter.

Of course I am leaving out a long list of truly fabulous people. Don't be offended, I'm just particularly grateful for these few today. Maybe you'll get your own blog post in the future! :)

The line to Sara Groves' song How Is It Between Us comes to mind: I love my husband, my house, my job. Couldn't be any better, and really what else is there? I'm thankful for the life God's given me and the many blessings I have.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment