for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's Your BRAND?

This morning on one of our short feature programs, My Money Life, they were announcing the debut of their company's new logo, explaining how they've revamped their brand. And it made me think about how we all have a brand.

It's the public image or face of the organization. And it's a big deal! There's even a board game and online games now where you guess the logo. And just the mere mention of a product from my childhood could have me singing the jingle after not hearing it for years. Think: Alka Seltzer or the ingredients of a Big Mac.

Just because as individuals we're not a big company, it doesn't mean we don't have a brand. I would have to say my smile is mine, since that's the thing most people comment on about me. It's just an ingrained part of my nature, I suppose. I'm thankful for that! I mean it could be something really negative.

I used to work with a woman who was a ticking time bomb. The slightest thing could set her off and she'd be slamming filing cabinet drawers and stomping around the office like a two year old having a temper tantrum. In that same office, I worked for someone that no one would go in to see without first asking what kind of mood she was in. Others may dress, umm, let's just say less than modest. All of those would be someone's brand...what they're known for before anything else.

As a follower of Christ I want my brand to be something positive, so I'm thankful for the smile thing. What's yours? If you're not sure, ask someone that knows you well. If you don't think you've got one, borrow mine. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was branded, The "Happy" Erica at my job. There were three Erica's there, and I was the happy one. Another family said to me, "You know, whenever I see you, you always have a smile, or a kind word." What a blessing that was to hear! I want to shine God's light to all around me.

    ReplyDelete