for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Law of Process

Perseverance. Persistence. Tenacity. Steadfastness.

Sticking with something isn't always easy, but endurance has tremendous benefits!

Christmas 2010 Christmas 2011

John Maxwell calls it the Law of Process in his book The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, saying that leadership skills are developed in daily habits, not all at once. Makes a lot of sense, but with this and some other areas of our lives we'd sure rather have a quick fix, not something we need to work on forever! We want to use a microwave, not a crockpot...even if that slow-cooker has better results.



A year ago I would have thought that seemed like an impossible feat to stick with something as long as I have over these past 11 1/2 months. Thankfully, something must have finally clicked in my brain to help me have the ability to stick with what I started! Along the way I've done more than change my eating habits and begin exercising. Self-control has developed. It's something I wanted but never worked at long enough to achieve!


It has certainly been a spiritual journey just as much or more as a physical one. I'm so thankful to God that He led me to do this and given me the ability to achieve great results! If I can do it, anyone can. So what are you waiting for? Whatever your goal...get started and stick with it and you will be amazed at what you can do!


This past year has included a lot of working through processes. It will be a continual journey. We're so thankful for the results thus far and for all who've helped encourage us along the way. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! I so need to work on my follow through and stick-to-it ability. I have the hardest time seeing things through to the end!!!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete