for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What Do You Say When You're Speechless?

There isn't one day that goes by that I don't thank God for the opportunity He's given me.  I'm living my dream!  I get to play music and talk on the radio.  How cool is that?!  I continue to be amazed that anyone would even want to listen to what I have to say.  Most days I just try to come up with something inspiring, funny or thought-provoking.  

But mornings like this...the cool factor escapes me. Rather, I feel speechless under the weight of the responsibility.  What do you say to bring comfort in the midst of tragedy?  You don't have to be a marathon runner or a Bostonian to feel the effects of the evil atrocities of yesterday. But it certainly helps to know where to go for hope.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - Jesus  (John 16:33)
Some immediately question why God would allow such a thing.  Free will to choose to do good or bad means we're not mindless drones serving some stone god.  If all we had was peace, love and happiness we'd have no reason to seek Him this side of heaven.  And wouldn't that make us a bunch of spoiled brats?

Jesus warned us there would be trouble.  What a relief to know all this is no surprise to Him. Whether the bombs in Boston or our daily struggles, He stands ready to bring comfort to our frightened hearts and to help us share that same hope with others.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment