for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Intentional Appreciation

On our regular walking route we go by a business that has great grass.  Not perfect or the most beautifully landscaped spot in the world.  But, oh! the grass.  It is thick and feels soft and squishy under your feet.  My dogs like it a lot, and I'll tell you how I know.  When we get there, Belle runs around in it, rolls in it, then lays down and smiles.  (I swear, she smiles!) 

She's never been told the old saying about stopping to smell the roses.  But she knows when we get to Merwin's they've got the best grass and she wants to enjoy every possible moment she's got with it.  
Belle enjoying her favorite place. Maybe next time I'll get her smile with the camera! But if not it sure makes me smile to see how happy this makes her!  :)
How often do I actually enjoy and appreciate my favorite things?  Hopefully more often than I take them for granted; though I generally find myself wanting to snap a bunch of pictures or post about an experience on Facebook rather than actually enjoy the moment as it's happening.  I'm too busy documenting or sharing it with the world to take it all in!  Or I'm so preoccupied with everything else that I don't even notice the little things that could help ease the stress.

What a great reminder from my furry little friend to make sure I'm living in the moment and appreciating life itself.  Like our walk this evening - perfect weather, birds chirping, a nice end to a good day, and about half an hour to just enjoy walking, praying and reflecting.  I've come to greatly appreciate this time and hope it will translate to the rest of my day and activities. 

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.- Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment