for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Simplify.

I have a friend that's really smart. He and his family have been a great inspiration in my life. Many times over the past 11 years I can look back at significant events...and there they are. Usually quietly in the background of all the memories. But with an intentional, purposeful presence.

For over a year now I've been focusing on getting rid of some of the bad habits, excess weight and issues in life. Thankfully with some success! In trying to figure out a way to continue this journey and put a label on it for what I wanted to resolve to accomplish, Ted summed it up in one word:

It's this year's theme for him, his family and their church.

Now imagine me doing the forehead smack from the V-8 commercial....DUH! That's what I've needed. A one-word goal to help me focus on the important and weed out the not-so-necessary. (See, I told you he's smart!)

In January I was determined to be more intentional in taking care of the vital things: my relationship with God, my relationship with my husband, my health, home and ministry. By simplifying the rest of the stuff I can do that. Still not sure what it looks like but it's worth doing!

I've got plenty of worthy things to do, causes to be part of, friends to spend time with and projects to accomplish. But sitting back and determining what the most important are has been so helpful. If I say they're important but the amount of time I invest in other things doesn't show it, then it's time to make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment