for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CrockPot Mac&Cheese!

I brought this to our church fellowship last Sunday and there wasn't a bit left. Publix had Barilla pasta buy-one-get-one-free and I chose the mini wagon wheel shapes. Stacy said he saw a kid with a giant pile of it on his plate. So besides yummy, quick and easy - it's good kid food!

Of course, I can't take the credit for creating it, I just followed the recipe: check it out here.

Speaking of Publix, it really is Where Shopping Is A Pleasure!! I went into the other large grocery chain here in town, don't want to talk bad about 'em, but I just wasn't thrilled with the whole experience, even though I only bought three items. Went straight to Publix and spent over an hour in there browsing, talking and calculating prices. My sweetie is right - I can't do a quick trip to Publix. It's an experience, kind like Cheers. At least for me it is, everyone knew my name yesterday!

I don't know the girl in the bakery, except that her nametag said Kristen. But when I had her slice my 5-grain Italian loaf of bread, she handed it back and said, "Have a blessed day, Ms. Robin!" hmmm. Not to mention the lady at the deli knew me and we talked about her grandson, Daniel, who volunteers at the radio station. I left there feeling like I had a great experience, not a shopping trip. I think that's what George Jenkins might have intended.

1 comment:

  1. This is truly what customer service is all about at Publix. Having spent 8 years working for Publix in the bakery before becoming a stay-at-home mom, employees such as Kirsten are sometimes a rarity. That plus I personally know Kirsten and she is a wonderful Christian young lady with a kind, generous, and gentle heart of God. One great way of honoring the associates at Publix is a phone call, email, or letter to the corporate offices about either groups of associates or the store as a whole.

    Thank you Robin for all that you do for our community on a daily basis. We know there are things you do which most of us never know or hear about. You are a true blessing to our community.

    ReplyDelete