for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dinner & a Movie

This week Dawn chose a recipe from a cookbook created by the ladies guild at All Saints Anglican Church here in Palatka. I always knew Ratatouille was some type of dish but didn't know what it was. But I sure did like the movie with that name!

Here's the recipe as-is from the book, though Dawn substituted pre-cooked leftover chicken for the shrimp for her fam. Sounds like something I can enjoy on my diet.
Shrimp Ratatouille
1 lb fresh shrimp (peeled and sliced long ways)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 small zucchini (sliced thin)
1 small eggplant (peeled and cut into cubes)
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 medium green pepper (cut into 1 inch pcs)
1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1 can tomato wedges
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp each crushed basil, dried parsley
1/4 tsp pepper

In a large frying pan or wok, saute the fresh veggies in oil for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add meat, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment