for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Doing the Right Thing

There's one thing I really don't like to do.  Ok, there's more than one, but this morning I'm thinking of one in particular!   Ironing.  

I am certainly not one of those people that on Sunday evening irons and prepares all my outfits for the week, though I should be because it would make my mornings so much easier!!  Every morning I pass by all these items in the closet I'd like to wear but I don't because I don't want to iron them.  Well, not today.  

I picked out a pair of dress pants and button down shirt.  (Not a t-shirt and jeans, which means people will be shocked that I'm SO dressed up today, but that's another topic!)  I ironed my shirt.  It looked nice.  Between home and here which is not far, it's wrinkled again.  Probably the seatbelt.  I feel like I need a badge that says, "I really did iron this before leaving the house!!"  I'm thinking why did I bother?  

We ask ourselves that about much more serious things.  Like, "Why did I bother to do the right thing in that situation at work the other day?"  "Why did I bother to tell the truth when I could have gotten away with a lie?"  It's because it's the right thing to do. At the end of the day you are accountable to God for how you live; the good actions that may never be seen or the wrong deeds avoided, they are all seen by God, and don't you want to have the peace of mind that comes with doing the right thing because it honors Him?  

2 Corinthians 4:18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

1 comment:

  1. Robin, you are not the only one who does not like to iron, I don't even own an iron...LOL, but what a great analogy.

    ReplyDelete