for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today's Recipe - More Like Advice

This week's Quick-N-Easy Recipe feature is more like a word of advice. A study at the University of Bristol followed more than 13,000 children up to the age of 7 and found that all eaters - picky and veggie - met the same calorie and nutrient quotas; with no major differences in weight and height with both groups.

They recommend that instead of focusing on adding foods we think our kids need to eat, we should concentrate on adding foods they enjoy that are rich in nutrients.

My mom said that when I was little all I wanted was peanut butter and jelly. The doctor told her not to worry, eventually I'd get tired of it and eat other things. I'm sure he was a great pediatrician, but he missed it on that one. I'm 41 and it's still my favorite...peanut butter with strawberry jam. On anything. :)
(Which may be the cause of my perpetual need for weight loss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment