for your inspiration banner

for your inspiration banner
Click here for just the posts about my weight loss. I hope you'll be inspired!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pain, Humility and Healing

Not my own writing, but from a devotional called Daily Reflections for July 16. Worth sharing!

"A Measure of Humility"
In every case, pain had been the price of admission into a new life. But this admission price had purchased more than we expected. It brought a measure of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain.

...Accepting life on life's terms will be mastered through the humility I experience when I turn my will and my life over to the care of God...With my life in God's care, fear, uncertainty, and anger are no longer my response to those portions of life that I would rather not have happen to me. The pain of living through these times will be healed by the knowledge that I have received the spiritual strength to survive.

from Daily Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment